This tour operates as a hop-on, hop-off tour during the daytime that encompasses nearly 50 stops throughout Washington, plus the "twilight" loop during evening operating hours with five hop-off stops.
Enjoy the luxury and comfort of these open-top buses for your choice of ONE-DAY or TWO-DAY UNLIMITED USE!
The daytime tour features three routes. The Red "Grand Tour" route will take you to the major sights of downtown Washington DC and has 20 hop-on-hop-off stops. The Yellow "National Cathedral & Georgetown" route provides 20 hop-on-hop-off stops, too. Finally, there's the Blue "Arlington & Pentagon" route with 5 additional hop-on-hop-off stops. The on and off flexibility can make your tour last all day - or for two consecutive days - by visiting monuments, museums, and shopping and dining facilities. Create your own tour by choosing your stops.
And now, this new summertime tour option provides continued service beyond 6:00 pm. The actual closing time for the White "Twilight Tour" route varies, but will extend until at least 8:30 pm with later times possible based on demand. PLEASE NOTE: the Twilight Tour hours are HOP-OFF ONLY. There will be no option for hopping ON the buses from 6:00 pm to closing. The hop-off locations on the Twilight Tour are only the U.S. Capitol, the Holocaust Museum/Washington Monument, the WWII Memorial, the Lincoln Memorial, the White House, and Union Station.
IMPORTANT: DC Tours offers two different hop-on-hop-off bus tours in Washington, DC. Please make sure you are purchasing the one you want.
24 or 48 Hours
daily hop-on-hop-off departures every 20-30 minutes from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm and extended hours with hop-off options until at least 8:30 pmThis tour does not include hotel pick-up, though some of the stops are near or directly at specific hotels; you may board at any stop or at the tour terminal at Union Station. Prices include tax and any applicable energy surcharge. Children ages 4-12 qualify for the child rate. Children under 4 ride free on an adult's lap. Family Rate is a total for 2 adults and 2 children ages 4-12. We require a minimum of 72 hours advance booking to be able to accommodate handicapped passengers; please see "IMPORTANT" notations below. Reserve online, or call ^tollfree^ for reservations or more information.
These Open-Top Buses do not operate on July 4. If you purchase the 48 hours option for a starting date of July 3, your second day will be July 5. This tour may not be available other days, or schedule of departures may be changed due to road closures or special events in Washington.
WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBILITY: Wheelchair accessibility may be arranged by booking your tour at least 72 hours in advance. A toll-free phone number will be provided on your E-Ticket for you to call at least 48 hours before your tour date to make specific accessibility arrangements.
BOOKINGS FOR 20+ PERSONS: All bookings for more than 20 persons need to be arranged through our Groups & Charters Department by calling at least 48 hours before the tour date toll-free to 800-752-4792. Among the benefits that may be available for such large bookings is complimentary hotel pickup. Please do NOT place an online order for more than 20 persons.
The Daytime Hop-On-Hop-Off Tour
If you're new to Washington, one option to consider is to ride the entire Red loop for a basic overview of downtown Washington, and get a good feel for which key sights you will want to go back and visit as you hop-off and hop-on at various stops on that loop. If you have specific interest in the National Cathedral or Georgetown, you may also want to ride the Yellow loop in its entirety to determine your hop-off and hop-on locations for those areas. For Arlington National Cemetery or the Pentagon, transfer to the Blue loop.
There are multiple transfer points on each loop to switch to one of the other loops (see the list of stops below).
You need to be aware that some federal facilities are closed on weekends and holidays, and that some require timed tickets resulting in extended waiting in line for tours inside those locations. No timed tickets are included in your open-top double-decker bus tour price.
The Red "Grand Tour" Route
1. Union Station - 50 Massachusetts Avenue NE
2. U.S. Capitol - 1st Street (by the Peace Monument)
3. U.S. Capitol & Botanical Gardens - 1st Street NW (by the Garfield Monument)
4. American Indian Museum - Independence Avenue & Maryland Avenue SW
5. National Air & Space Museum - Independence Avenue & 6th Street SW
6. Hirshhorn Museum - Independence Avenue SW
7. L'Enfant Plaza - 480 L'Enfant Plaza SW
8. Holocaust Museum / Washington Monument - 14th & Independence Avenue SW (transfer point to Blue Route)
9. Thomas Jefferson Memorial - Ohio Drive SW
10. Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial - Ohio Drive SW
11. Lincoln Memorial - Daniel French Drive
12. World War II Memorial - Constitution Avenue & 17th Street NW (transfer point to the Yellow Route)
13. American History Museum - Constitution Avenue & 13th Street NW (transfer point to the Yellow Route)
14. Natural History Museum - Constitution Avenue & 10th Street NW
15. National Portrait Gallery - 8th Street & F Street NW (transfer point to Yellow Route)
16. Ford's Theatre - 511 10th Street NW - front of theatre (transfer point to Yellow Route)
17. White House - 1401 Pennsylvania Avenue NW - front of Cafe du Parc (transfer point to Yellow Route or Blue Route)
18. National Aquarium - E Street & 14th Street NW
19. Newseum / National Archives East - 7th Street & Pennsylvania Avenue NW
20. Liaison Hotel / Hyatt Hotel - 415 New Jersey Avenue NW
21. Union Station - 50 Massachusetts Avenue NE National Museum of Natural History - National Museum of American History
The Yellow "National Cathedral & Georgetown" Route
22. Ford's Theatre - 511 10th Street NW - front of theatre (transfer point to Red Route)
23. White House - 1401 Pennsylvania Avenue NW - front of Cafe du Parc (transfer point to Red Route or Blue Route)
24. U.S. Treasury - 15th Street & G Street NW
25. White House North - 17th Street & I Street NW
26. Mayflower Hotel - Connecticut Avenue NW - in front of Mayflower Hotel
27. Dupont Circle - Connecticut Avenue & Q Street - at Wine & Spirits Beer Store
28. Washington Hilton - T Street NW - in front of the Hilton Hotel
29. Woodley Park / National Zoo - 2600 Connecticut Avenue NW
30. Washington National Cathedral - 3001 Wisconsin Avenue NW
31. Embassy Row - 2450 Massachusetts Avenue NW - in front of Korean Embassy
32. Georgetown Inn - 1310 Wisconsin Avenue NW
33. Georgetown Canal / Shops - 3222 M Street NW
34. Georgetown Harbor - K Street & 31st Street NW
35. Four Seasons Hotel - 2800 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
36. Hotel Stop - 1 Washington Circle NW
37. Lincoln Memorial - 22nd Street & Constitution Avenue NW
38. World War II Memorial - Constitution Avenue & 17th Street NW (transfer point to the Red Route)
39. Photo Stop / White House - at the light on Constitution Avenue by the Ellipse
40. American History Museum - Constitution Avenue & 13th Street NW (transfer point to the Red Route)
41. Natural History Museum / Old Post Office - 12th Street & Pennsylvania Avenue NW
42. Marriott Metro Center - 775 12th Street NW
43. Convention Center - 8th Street & K Street NW
44. National Portrait Gallery - 8th Street & F Street NW (transfer point to Red Route)
45. Ford's Theatre - 511 10th Street NW - front of theatre (transfer point to Red Route)
The Blue "Arlington & Pentagon" Route
46. Holocaust Museum - 14th Street & Independence Avenue (transfer point to Red Route)
47. White House - 1401 Pennsylvania Avenue NW - front of Cafe du Parc (transfer point to Yellow Route or Red Route)
48. Lincoln Memorial - Henry Bacon Drive
49. Arlington National Cemetery - 214 McNair Road (parking lot) in Arlington, VA
50. Pentagon City Mall - 1100 South Hayes Street in Arlington, VA
51. Holocaust Museum - 14th Street & Independence Avenue (transfer point to Red Route)
The Twilight Tour Route
(Hop OFF only for extended hours from 6:00 pm to closing)
52. Union Station - 50 Massachusetts Avenue NE
53. U.S. Capitol - 1st Street (by the Peace Monument)
54. Holocaust Museum / Washington Monument - 14th & Independence Avenue SW
55. World War II Memorial (photo stop only)
56. Lincoln Memorial - Henry Bacon Drive
57. White House - E Street & 14th Street NW
58. Union Station - 50 Massachusetts Avenue NE
After you place your order, you will receive an E-Ticket by email. The E-Ticket is your admission for this tour. Please make sure to print the E-Ticket. You must have this ticket to be able to take the tour.
This tour does not include hotel pick-up, though some of the stops are near or directly at specific hotels; you may board at any stop or at the tour terminal at Union Station. Prices include tax and any applicable energy surcharge. Children ages 4-12 qualify for the child rate. Children under 4 ride free on an adult's lap. Family Rate is a total for 2 adults and 2 children ages 4-12. Reserve online, or call ^tollfree^ for reservations or more information.
If changes are allowed on a tour or activity, a $20.00 per reservation change fee will be applied for any change to a reservation. Please note that some tours and activities do not allow any changes. Date changes can only be made only if we can confirm availability on the new date. While we cannot guarantee any changes can be made, all change requests must be submitted a minimum of 24 hours prior to the tour departure and must be handled on an individual basis through our Reservations Center.
Use the form below to select the date for your reservation. Calendar defaults to first available date. Please verify your date selection prior to submitting your order.
If you are unable to select a date, it means the tour is unavailable on that date.